Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Exciting Day!

So for the past week I've been trying to tell everyone that my hip hurts. But no one seemed really worried because I never stopped running or jumping or playing or body slamming my little brother. Finally today my daddy asked me where it hurt. I showed him and then he started talking to my mom about this body part I can't see called a kidney. Then mom started talking about a bladder infection. At which point it made sense to me to mention that my bladder hurts when I pee. Because well, it does. For like 2 days now.

So mom called my doctor and then away we went.

I got to pee in a cup! And didn't even get in trouble this time! I guess it helps that I didn't hide it behind the potty like that one time when I was little.

Anyway the doctor came in and started pushing on my back asking if it hurt and where and how much. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. And sometimes it tickled and the doctor made me laugh. After he was done he started talking to momma about muscles and that if my kidney was bad I'd be throwing up, which I'm not, or that my pee would be red with blood. He said they'd still look at my pee to make sure there was no infection anywhere but that he was pretty sure I'd be ok. So I'm taking my headache medicine 3 times a day for the next 5 days to help with my hip. If I'm not better or worse by the end of those 5 days mom is suppose to call the doctor back. Actually he said he wouldn't mind a call anyway because he'd like to hear that I'm ok. And mom is getting a call tomorrow to find out if there was any infection. So I'll be sure to let everyone know.

After the doctor we went to go see Nonnie, David and Zach. After awhile David left with a friend. And then Zach left with mom, dad and baby Luke. So it was just me and Nonnie by ourselves. We made pigs in a blanket and I got to play WoW. I love Nonnie, she's pretty cool.

After that mom, dad and baby Luke came to pick me up and we went home. Then I got a shower because my mom said my armpits smelled like a teenager. Whatever that means. I like showers though.

Alright time to go watch a little tv and then going to bed. Night everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Thomas. I'm the one who'll get to read your urine culture results tomorrow. Hopefully nothing bad will grow and we'll know you just pulled a muscle or something. But if it does grow, we'll give you medicine to make it all better. Isn't it nice that grandma works at your doctor's lab. I hope you had a nice shower cause teenager armpits can small pretty awful. Love you lots. Feel better soon. Love from Grandma.

    ReplyDelete